Tuesday 13 February 2018

Medieval Festivals

               I have been booking into some medieval festivals to draw portraits  this summer.

             The idea is not to have time to take photographs, but here are some sights  that I did manage to capture

      
                                         Woman and wolf

                                     

                                                                













  
















                                          
Yes..... another one - I couldn't decide which I liked best. The cartwheeling girl was just enjoying herself while nothing else was happening.




                          Monkey grooming .....

                 The Red Knight.......
                                           and finally - two of me drawing taken by my Brother..




   All these photos were taken at Passy les Tours which is near where I live. In fact my area is full of medieval castles - maybe that is why I feel so at home.

               Before the next festival I want to finish making the walls of my tent - they need decorating to match the top and then waterproofing. ( To waterproof  ordinary fabric cheaply you mix transparent silicon sealer with white spirit until it is thin enough to paint it on - usually 50/50.)  I meant to get further with it than I did last year,  - even though I am using old linen sheets which can be bought for 5 euro for a large double - I was still really nervous of doing something wrong - can it be wrong when I'm inventing it all anyway? Yes - I might be wrong - mistaken - an idiot  and I mind.
          ( I wrote my own motto ' Let go and die or fly' - I ought to try to remember it!)
               I want to make a large treasure chest from papier maché to store the things I am not using. Here is a bad photo of a little one I made where I keep my sandwiches - bottom right  -  (couldn't resist leaving the eagle in the picture)        I will take another photo when I get home, and when I remember).


         I am at my Mum's house in England - she is so frail I feel I cannot leave her and am trying to arrange help - it is a lot more complicated than I imagined. 



No comments:

Post a Comment