Wednesday 7 February 2018

Family Christmas

                                                  FAMILY  CHRISTMAS





           I always make my own Christmas cards, and thought that a window would be nice.    As I managed to make 'stained glass' windows for the medieval hall I decided to have a go at  little ones. I used the same design and cut out the overall shape in thin cardboard. I could not find any thin clear plastic for sale - I wanted it like the packaging for cakes and croissants in the supermarket, so I asked the boulanger if I could have some empty cartons and she happily gave me a pile of them. I cut out the flat surface and drew the 'lead' outlines with a permenant marker pen, then mixed very cheap household varnish with food colouring to paint on the transparent colours.  When dry I stuck them into the cardboard frames using all purpose glue. (Being impatient I managed to ruin several - do not dry plastic by putting it ontop of the stove). 
         I thought I would send a candle with the cards to put a light in the window - for something to do. Then thought I'd put my family looking through the window when it arrived. The Christmas decorations turned out pretty this time so I asked my friend Liesbeth to take the photo in front of the porch.  The shape of the star on the apex is bent wire and I cellotaped a string of 20  lights to it - then read the box they came and it said 'intérieur'.  Damn. ( That's why they only cost three euro.) Not to be defeated I wrapped each bulb in cling film and tied in on - which worked! 
                                                                            




     Bill is wearing one of my projects - the waistcoat and my hat are made using the method  of 
                                                               Tunisian crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment