Saturday 9 August 2014

papier mache

During August I give classes in creations using paper and recycled materials in the old school house in our village.( There are some pictures on   www.stagedepapiermache.com )    At home I've just finished a 'carved wooden panel' for the medieval banqueting hall using cardboard, washing line, and pulped loo paper pressed into an old biscuit mold and baked in the oven.

If there is anyone out there who by any chance would like me to explain anything I will be happy to do so.

Today I decided to try to make paper using rhubarb.  I boiled some up in water and sodium bicarbonate - it has turned black which is good I think because the lignin is breaking down. It may be a disaster - I thought the other day that out of every six of my ideas, one and a half seem to work - the sun was out and I had a sudden rush of optimism.

    I mended a ring for Liesbeth last week :-

The story of Liesbeth is good and happy and gentle. Thank you for being in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment